Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Benadryl

Today I am on benadryl and I feel like my body and brain are going in slow motion. Did you know that Benadryl was invented by George Rieveschl working at the University of Cincinnati. Rieveschl experimented on lots of ideas, usually trying to stop muscle spasms. Instead he discovered the first antihistamine, used for allergy sufferers.

I don't have allergies, at least I never have had them. But when your legs and back start itching uncontrollably, you are willing to at least try something to make it stop.

I still itch, but not as badly.

But none of this has to do with the library, now does it?

You would think that on a rainy day, you would want to come to the library and stay all day. Not here in Crescent City. There were hardly any visitors to the library today. I can only contribute it to the dreary weather outside.

No comments: