Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm Going to College!

Today the library played host to75 or more local fourth-graders. They got a tour of campus, and got 3 separate mini classes from three of our faculty. At the end of each tour, the children came to the library and got to exchange a fake buck for a real book (provided with money from CalSOAP). Although most of them said their favorite part was the toy that the Nursing dept handed out, donated by Wal-Mart. Chris, head janitor, vacuumed the library after they finished their lunches (it was too cold to eat outside) and after they left, we put my library back together.

The rest of the day was quiet (as a library should be :) ). I did have to stay a little late helping a student submit an assignment to turn-it-in.com. He had used spaces in stead of tabs and it had messed up everything when he did editing. He is going to devote this summer to leaning how to use Word 2007, he says.

Boy, this bog has turned into a lot of brand name dropping, which was not my intention. But I guess I wanted to thank Walmart and CalSoap one more time and the other two are essential library tools here on campus.

See you monday!

No comments: