Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fuentes Culturales and a new desk



Friday the library was buzzing with activity as it hosted the annual Fuentes Culturales program put on by a college in Sonoma and benefiting local Hispanic high school students to aim towards college. They even put on a puppet show at the end.

Meanwhile the Maintenance Supervisor on campus, Stephen, brought in my new circulation desk and while the high schoolers were in other classrooms, I moved everything off my desk, unscrewed the parts of the old desk that could be unscrewed and had Stephen and his student worker Kane move the desk out. Then we arranged the new accessible and modular circulation desks into position. I spend much of Friday and Monday arranging things and hooking up printers and trying to figure out how to power and connect everything.

It is a big improvement and the library really looks nice now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great new furniture, I enjoyed seeing it. It's looks like a real Library now huh?

Lynn the Library Technician and Librarian said...

Yes, it does Brook. Thanks for noticing. Beautiful cover on the catalog this year. I saw you were in charge of doing that. Nice.